Friday, August 17, 2012

Bacon Pizza

I know it's been ages since I have last blogged but I am preggrez and it has taken me this long to get back into my hot sauce groove... but I'm back! The other day I came across a recipe for bacon pizza in People Magazine by Michael White, so I had to give it a try for my husband (who loves bacon & loves pizza). I have already made it twice! It is so darn good and easy; of course I made it hot!

Ingredients:
16 oz. store bought pizza dough ( I used my own homemade pizza dough that I freeze)
8 oz. fresh mozzarella, grated
1 cup  heavy cream, reduced to 1/2 cup ( I left this out but I'm sure it makes it even more delicious)
1/4 cup grated Pecorino-Romano cheese ( a three cheese blend works just fine)
2  eggs
Black pepper
1/2 lb. bacon slices, cut into 1/2-in. strps, cooked and drained
2 scallions, sliced
Crushed red pepper flakes

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Lightly brush a half sheet pan (18x13in) with olive oil --  I did mine on top of tin foil then on the pan for an easier clean up. Roll and/or stretch the dough into a large rectangle or circle. Place it on the prepared pan and pinch into the corners. Sprinkle the mozzarella on top and drizzle with cream. Top with pecorino-romano and crushed red pepper flakes. Bake for 8-10 minutes.



Remove pizza from the oven and using the back of a spoon, make two shallow indentations. Crack an egg into each one.


Bake for an additional 5-7 minutes -- I kept mine in a tad bit longer for a crispy crust. You can be the judge. Remove the pizza from the oven and cool for 1 minute. Just before serving, drag a knife through the yolks -- because I cooked mine a bit longer my yolks didn't "drag". Season with black pepper; top with bacon and scallions and serve! Of course put as much hot sauce as you like on each bite -- we preferred Tabanero :)



No comments:

Post a Comment