Monday, March 5, 2012

Tabasco Zucchini Pizza Crust

So the other night we had "homemade pizza night"... I ALWAYS have guilt after eating pizza (even though it's oh so good), but I remembered coming across a Zucchini Pizza Crust recipe on Pinterest from Your Lighter Side blog and thought it would take away my guilt while still participating in Pizza night. Verdict: FANTASTIC! Of course I added hot sauce to the recipe to make it above and beyond. Try it out, it's divine.

Zucchini Pizza Crust:


1 large raw zucchini, shredded (about 1.5-2 cups)
2 eggs
2 cups shredded mozzarella
10 dashes of tabasco




Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Grease a cookie sheet (I used parchment paper).  Shred the zucchini and squeeze in your hand to get rid of excess water.  Mix together first three ingredients. Spread the dough on the pan evenly (watch to distribute evenly, the middle of the crust can be too thick, causing edges to brown and the center to remain thick).  Dash the tabasco evenly over the crust.


Bake for 12-15 minutes or until crust is cooked (mine was a bit soft, make sure it gets really well done).


Let cool, rest. Makes a 14" pizza; I used half the recipe to make a 7" pizza for myself :) Next I flipped the dough over onto greased tin foil and then started to "dress" it. 


I dressed mine with tomato sauce, red pepper chili flakes, Italian herb mix, then added a few carmelized onions, mushrooms and a little bit of a shredded three cheese blend. Topped it off with some fresh basil ( I reccommend putting the basil on AFTER it is grilled) and put that baby on the pizza stone on the grill. To avoid a mess I kept the pizza on the tin foil. Let it grill for about 5-7 minutes. And last but not least, I added Tabasco Mexico's Tabanero Hot Sauce Picante to every bite YUM!

 






1 comment: